Poulet a la Moutarde (Chicken in Dijon Mustard Sauce)
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 428
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Warm oil and butter in a large, ovenproof casserole or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place into the pot, skin-side down. Brush thighs with 1/2 the mustard. Cook until skin is golden, 3 to 4 minutes, and turn thighs over. Brush with remaining mustard. Cook 3 to 4 minutes more and transfer thighs to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add sliced onion to the casserole. Cook until nearly clear, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour in wine to deglaze. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Keep cooking until sauce reduces slightly and no longer smells strongly of alcohol, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Pour broth and heavy cream into the casserole dish. Scrape the bottom to loosen browned bits. Add bay leaf and thyme. Return chicken to the casserole dish and cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 428 calories; 25.6 18.9 20.8 100 919 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Super tasty. Had just enough for leftovers (which I usually dislike) and it was just as yummy.
My hubby loved it. I couldn’t get the sauce to thicken up so I added a couple TBLSP of flower.
There wasn’t enough for seconds and everyone wanted seconds ! It was deeelish!