Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 201
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 potato skins)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prick sweet potatoes several times with a fork and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooling, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage and onion in the hot skillet until meat is browned and crumbly and onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer mixture to a medium to large heat-proof bowl. Add Cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Slice cooled spuds lengthwise. Scoop insides out and into the sausage mixture, creating a cavity in the potato skins. Stir sausage mixture well; mound ingredients evenly into the empty potato skins using a small scoop. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use yams instead of sweet potatoes, if you'd like.
- You can use sweet turkey sausage instead of sage sausage, if you'd like.
- To speed up next-day cooking time, place in a stoneware dish and cook in a microwave on high for 2 minutes and transfer to a preheated oven for additional 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 201 calories; 6.5 29.4 6.6 18 290 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1