Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 292
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 skins)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Prick sweet potatoes several times with a fork and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven, leaving oven on. Let potatoes cool 10 minutes.
- Cut cooled sweet potatoes lengthwise and scoop out the middle until 1/4-inch of potato skin is left.
- Mix olive oil, hot chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, and salt together in a small bowl. Brush all sides of sweet potatoes with oil mixture.
- Bake in the hot oven until crisp, about 15 minutes, turning as necessary.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chorizo in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer chorizo to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Mix cheese and green onions together in a small bowl and place mixture into the wells of the sweet potato skins. Sprinkle chorizo bits over tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve warm with green salsa for dipping.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute farmer's cheese for queso Chihuahua, if desired.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 19.2 17 13.1 55 492 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1