Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 300
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat in a skillet. Add quinoa and toast until lightly browned with a nutty aroma, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine chicken broth and toasted quinoa in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until broth is just absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
- Heat remaining tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add corn and cook and stir constantly until just browned, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and vanilla extract in another skillet away from heat, then place over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion. Cook and stir until onions are softened and begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and water. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in charred corn, feta cheese, and remaining tablespoon olive oil.
- Add vegetable mixture to quinoa and mix well.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute water for chicken broth, if desired.
- Make sure to put vanilla and olive oil in skillet before it is warm. Adding vanilla to hot oil will make it pop and possibly burn you.
- I make all of this the day before a big gathering, but stop before stirring in corn, feta cheese, and remaining olive oil. A couple of hours before the meal, I complete the last steps and place it in a slow cooker over Low heat.
Per Serving: 300 calories; 11.8 38.4 10.2 20 740 Full nutrition