Grilled Shrimp Kabobs and Dipping Sauce
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Tabitha Andeana Rodriguez
"This recipe was inspired by my husband. He is Mexican so he has taught me to play with different flavors and ingredients, though the recipe idea came from a karaoke bar that served spicy shrimp one night. I thought this would be a perfect kabob recipe for indoor/outdoor entertaining. It is getting close to summer again and grilling is the best way to entertain this season."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 58
Original recipe yields 10 servings (30 shrimp)
- Place shrimp into a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
- Blend tomato, jalapeno pepper, 1/2 the cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and hot sauce together in a blender until smooth with pieces of cilantro still visible. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 the remaining cilantro to mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour 1/2 the sauce over the oil-drizzled shrimp. Let stand and marinate in the refrigerator, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from the marinade on thread onto mini skewers.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Pour remaining sauce into a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into small serving dishes. Garnish with remaining cilantro.
- Grill shrimp kabobs on the preheated grill until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, making sure not to overcook, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place cooked shrimp into a bowl on on a serving platter. Align mini skewers so guests can dip shrimp into prepared sauce.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 58 calories; 1.1 1.2 10.5 96 164 Full nutrition