Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 465
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 cake)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt 1 stick butter in the bottom of a cast iron skillet over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Add pineapple slices on top of sugar in 1 decorative layer with a cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a bowl. Add eggs and mix. Add flour mixture and milk in an alternating fashion. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Pour mixture evenly over pineapples in the skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Let cake cool in the skillet for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
You might also like
Per Serving: 465 calories; 16.7 77.2 3.5 73 340 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I did not have any maraschino cherries, so I used canned pie cherries. everyone seemed to like them better.