Vegan and Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 154
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 18 muffin cups or line cups with paper liners.
- Whisk soy milk and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl. Set aside and allow to curdle to create "buttermilk", about 10 minutes.
- Stir gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds together in a separate bowl. Whisk together sugar, oil, and lemon zest together in a large bowl. Slowly stir in lemon juice, vanilla extract, and "buttermilk"-mixture. Add flour mixture and mix until batter is combined.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool in tins for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the muffins are cooling, whisk together confectioners sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a small bowl and create a smooth glaze. After the muffins have cooled, drizzle glaze on muffin tops.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use any non-dairy milk you prefer.
Per Serving: 154 calories; 5.1 26.7 2.1 0 174 Full nutrition