Carnitas Flautas (Pork Rolled Tacos)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 494
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place pork roast into the bottom of a slow cooker. Cover pork with red salsa, garlic, chili powder, and salt.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on Low until tender and cooked through, 4 to 6 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Turn off slow cooker. Remove any fat from pork and discard. Transfer pork to a large bowl and shred well using 2 forks. Let cool at least 10 minutes.
- Pour olives, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, and green salsa over pork. Mix well until thick and not runny.
- Warm tortillas in a skillet over low heat to soften, 15 to 20 seconds per side.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan.
- Add a spoonful of pork mixture to each tortilla and roll up tightly. Place rolled tortillas in hot oil and fry until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Keep warm and serve with remaining 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup Cheddar cheese, and guacamole.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- These can be made and cut into smaller pieces to serve as appetizers.
- You can use corn tortillas. Chicken can replace the pork if preferred, and you can skip the cheese and sour cream for plain rolled tacos as well.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 494 calories; 25.4 41.6 24.5 67 1230 Full nutrition