Baked Babka French Toast Sticks with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 282
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Cut each slice of bread into three sticks. Whisk together milk, egg, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a large shallow dish. Dip each bread stick in the egg mixture quickly to avoid soaking the bread, yet coating it on all sides; shake off excess. Arrange bread sticks on the prepared baking sheet without them touching.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, flip them, spray lightly with cooking spray, and return to the oven until cooked through and golden brown, about 8 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together hazelnut spread, half-and-half, cocoa powder, corn syrup, and salt in a small saucepan on medium-low heat. Bring to a boil and immediately remove pan from the heat, whisking until smooth.
- Remove French toast sticks from the oven and serve warm with the chocolate dipping sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- These french toast sticks freeze well in a resealable plastic bag. To reheat, microwave at medium temperature for about 30-60 seconds or until warmed through. The chocolate dipping sauce also may be reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- If you want the chocolate sauce thinner, just stir in a bit more half-and-half.
Per Serving: 282 calories; 9.8 40.6 10 52 281 Full nutrition