Slow Cooker Pickle Bread
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 5 m servings 217
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 loaf)
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water and pickle juice in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form bubbles, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, Cheddar cheese, pickles, olive oil, and dill to yeast mixture. Mix with the dough hook on medium speed until smooth and elastic, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Coat a slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Shape dough into a loaf, place in slow cooker, and sprinkle the top with sea salt. Drape a thin kitchen towel, cheesecloth, or paper towel over the slow cooker before adding the lid. This will keep any moisture from dripping onto the bread.
- Let dough rise for 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn slow cooker on Low for 15 minutes; turn off and let rise another 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Cook on High for 1 hour 30 minutes. Reduce heat to Low and cook until bottom of bread is browned, about 15 minutes.
- Let bread cool before slicing, placing loaf on its side or on a wire rack to keep the bottom from getting soggy.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Both regular and fast-rising yeast will work.
- If water or pickle juice is cold, microwave for 45 seconds before adding yeast, and/or run mixing bowl under hot water for 45 seconds. If you don't have an electric mixer, knead dough by hand.
- Use any herbs of your choice, dried or fresh chopped, such as oregano, sage, rosemary, or thyme. Also, use any preferred cheese.
- Feel free to swap out pickles for jalapenos and pickle juice for canned jalapeno juice.
- If you would rather have a smaller, denser loaf of bread, or if you don't have time, skip the rising step.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 6.7 31.8 6.9 6 483 Full nutrition