Chocolate-Covered Frozen Bananas
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 462
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 bananas)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 1 inch off the bottom of each banana and gently insert a popsicle stick into each one. Carefully remove and discard banana peels. Place bananas on the prepared baking sheet and freeze until solid, at least 2 hours.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Dip frozen bananas into the melted chocolate and roll in coconut.
- Eat immediately or return to the freezer until ready to serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Chopped nuts, sprinkles, or other toppings may be substituted for shredded coconut, if preferred.
Per Serving: 462 calories; 26.5 64.1 4.2 0 10 Full nutrition