Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 35 m servings 89
Original recipe yields 48 servings (48 cookies)
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and beat until well incorporated. Shape dough into a disk, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm enough to roll.
- Place walnuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. In a small saucepan, heat honey and cinnamon over medium heat, stirring until honey has liquefied and cinnamon is incorporated. Add walnuts and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 13x10-inch rectangle. Using a butter knife, spread honey-walnut mixture evenly over the dough to within 1/2-inch from the edges.
- Starting with the long side, tightly roll the dough, jelly-roll style, to form a log. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices, cut-side down, 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges begin to brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove baking sheets to a cooling rack and let cookies cool completely.
You might also like
Per Serving: 89 calories; 4.4 12.1 1.2 8 34 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1