Chili Lime Chicken
Ingredients3 h 45 m servings 301
- Combine ancho chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and chipotle powder in a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Whisk in canola oil and lime juice until well combined; thin with additional canola oil if mixture seems too thick.
- Arrange chicken in a glass or ceramic baking dish and pour the marinade over the chicken, covering it completely. Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet; do not crowd. Discard any excess marinade.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the centers, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Brine chicken if time permits.
- Substitute ancho chili powder with any ground mild chili you like.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 21.5 2.9 24 65 1727 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Absolutely fabulous, my family raved! The only changes I made were marinating all day and adding lime zest and a little black pepper. Served with beans, Spanish rice, and tortillas.
Wonderful taste! I followed the recipe and marinated the chicken for 3 hours. Don’t be afraid of the intense chili powder. The flavor doesn’t overpower. Great blend. Perfect amount of salt. Defi...
I have to agree with the first review, this was delicious. I let sit in marinade for 4 hours then cooked on grill with apple wood chips. Served with flour tortillas and toppings. Also serve...