0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 204
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Place beef and quartered onion in a large pot; pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Stir in salt. Cook for about 2 1/2 hours.
- Add tomatoes to the boiling beef; cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer tomatoes to a blender using a slotted spoon. Add chipotle peppers and 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid from the pot. Blend well and set aside.
- Remove beef chunks from the pot, reserving remaining cooking liquid. Shred beef with 2 forks; discard any excess fat.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium pot. Saute sliced onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add shredded beef and saute for about 5 minutes. Pour in blended chipotle sauce. Add more of the reserved cooking liquid, if needed, to reach the desired consistency. Bring to a boil. Stir in chicken bouillon and simmer for about 5 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use a beef shoulder roast if preferred.
Per Serving: 204 calories; 14.5 3.5 13.6 52 1326 Full nutrition