Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 409
Original recipe yields 14 servings (14 tostadas)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook tortillas in batches until crispy, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Set aside on plates covered with paper towels to drain.
- Combine water, lentils, onion, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and salt in a medium pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until lentils are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Use a fork to mash the cooked lentils.
- Set an oven rack about 5 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Spread lentil mixture over the crispy tortillas. Top with tomatoes, squash, and Monterey Jack cheese. Arrange tostadas on a large baking sheet.
- Broil tostadas until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use 6 cups assorted chopped vegetables.
Per Serving: 409 calories; 12.9 54 20.1 16 591 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1