Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 340
Original recipe yields 6 servings (12 enchiladas)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and jalapeno pepper. Add 1 spoonful of chipotle sauce from the can. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium-low heat until mushrooms are soft and have shrunk in size, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a bowl and add 2 to 3 chipotle peppers. Smash the peppers into enchilada sauce using the side of a spoon and mix into the sauce. Pour a small amount of the combined sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish, just enough to coat the bottom.
- Heat each tortilla in a frying pan or directly over a burner until soft and warm, about 30 seconds each. Lay a warm tortilla on a work surface and add a spoonful of cooked mushroom mixture to the center. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top and roll up tortilla tightly. Place in the pan and repeat with remaining tortillas, packing enchiladas tightly side-by-side. Pour remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't like spicy food, you can leave out the jalapeno and/or chipotle peppers.
- For more spice, use chipotle Cheddar cheese, if available.
Per Serving: 340 calories; 17.8 34 12.4 30 581 Full nutrition