Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 510
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine cream, milk, and 1/2 cup sugar in a heavy saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add 1 cup chocolate chips and whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk egg and vanilla extract together in a large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in hot chocolate mixture. Set custard aside to cool, stirring often, for about 10 minutes.
- Add bread cubes and remaining chocolate chips to the custard and toss to coat. Transfer to a 1 1/2-quart shallow oval baking dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over the pudding.
- Bake in the preheated oven until custard thickens and center is just set, about 50 minutes.
- Serve pudding warm, drizzled with warm chocolate sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- We're not all daring enough to drizzle chocolate over chocolate, so use vanilla sauce if desired. I personally think it looks better.
Per Serving: 510 calories; 23.5 70.5 8.1 76 322 Full nutrition