Lemon-Black Raspberry Bread
"My nieces often describe this as having a tall, cool glass of raspberry lemonade in a bread form! The sweet and tart fresh lemon flavor combines well with the natural sweetness of the black raspberries! This has become a family favorite during berry-picking season! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 239
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x5-inch loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Stir in black raspberries and lemon zest.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl using a fork or whisk. Pour in milk, oil, and lemon juice; mix well. Stir in flour mixture until just moistened. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- While bread is baking, combine sugar and lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in a microwave oven at 20-second intervals until sugar is dissolved and glaze is smooth.
- Remove bread from the oven. Brush glaze over warm bread while still in the pan and let cool 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use almost any type of berry in this recipe! I have also used mini loaf pans and baked them for 20 to 25 minutes. Any leftover glaze, we have used to make lemonade!
Per Serving: 239 calories; 5 47.5 4.4 33 192 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1