Ingredients2 h servings 253
- Place shrimp in a resealable container or zip-top bag. Add red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and salt; toss together. Seal and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Pulse vine tomatoes in a blender until smooth.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add marinated shrimp and increase heat to medium. Cook and stir until slightly browned on the outsides but not cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add a splash of white wine to the frying pan and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom using a wooden spoon. Pour in olive oil. Add onion to the hot oil and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in remaining wine and cook until reduced by half, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the pureed tomatoes, plum tomatoes, basil, parsley, and oregano to the sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring frequently, until flavors combine, about 25 minutes. Toss shrimp back into the pan and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes more.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 8.5 13.8 21.3 180 816 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Very tasty. I used half of the red pepper flakes called for - and will use even less next time. I also used spiralized zucchini instead of pasta. Will do this one again!
If you love spicy food you will love this dish. If you don’t like too spicy food cut the red peppers in half. I used organic tomato’s, fresh basil and Parcely from my garden. The flavor is ...
This recipe is a good base. As someone in another review stated... Needed garlic. And more salt. I added more of both to our own liking levels. 2 tablespoons of red pepper flakes is overkill. U...