Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 300
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 loaves)
- Combine 2 cups flour and yeast in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine milk, maple syrup, butter, and salt in a saucepan. Heat until mixture reaches 120 to 130 degrees F (48 to 54 degrees C) and butter almost melts.
- Pour milk mixture over flour mixture. Add shredded apple, eggs, and maple flavoring. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-low speed for 30 seconds, scraping the sides of the bowl constantly. Increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes. Stir in as much of the remaining flour with a wooden spoon as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes. Shape into a ball.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl. Turn once to grease the surface. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface. Divide in half; cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped apple, walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon for the filling.
- Lightly grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans. Roll 1 dough half into a 9x14-inch rectangle. Spread 1/2 of the softened butter on top; sprinkle with 1/2 of the filling. Roll each short end up towards the center. Place loaf, rolled side-up in 1 loaf pan. Repeat with remaining dough, butter, and filling.
- Cover loaves and let rise until almost doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and bottoms sound hollow when tapped, about 30 minutes. Cover loaves loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning, if necessary. Remove from the pans and cool on wire racks.
- Combine powdered sugar, maple syrup, milk, and maple flavoring to make glaze. Drizzle over cooled loaves.
You might also like
Per Serving: 300 calories; 7.2 53.3 5.9 33 151 Full nutrition