Award-Winning Maple-Nut-Toffee Tart
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 450
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 12-inch tart)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg yolks and milk in a small bowl; stir into flour mixture until dough is blended.
- Press dough, using lightly floured hands, into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Line the unpricked shell with a double thickness of aluminum foil. Place pan on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine condensed milk, maple flavoring, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir pecans, walnuts, and almonds into the batter.
- Remove shell from the oven, leaving oven on, and fill with batter.
- Return tart to the oven and bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in a microwave oven until melted, 1 to 3 minutes. Drizzle tart with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until chocolate has hardened and filling is firm.
You might also like
Per Serving: 450 calories; 28.6 43 8.4 76 176 Full nutrition