Fettuccine with Creamy Roasted Beet Sauce
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 519
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine beets, onion, and garlic cloves in a bowl. Add olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until cooked through and tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool until beets can be handled, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove beet skins.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor. Add vegetable broth and lemon juice; pulse until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan.
- Stir heavy cream into the beet mixture in the saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until it begins to simmer, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese until melted. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook fettuccine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Pour beet sauce over pasta and toss until well combined. Top with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and a pinch of additional thyme.
You might also like
Per Serving: 519 calories; 23.1 65.3 15.2 60 316 Full nutrition