Easy Fish Pie
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 529
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 3 1/2-quart baking dish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cut a small slit in each potato and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat; stir in onion. Cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Mix in Cheddar cheese, cream, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is warm and Cheddar has melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place white fish and shrimp in a 3 1/2-quart oven-proof baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over the fish; stir until well combined.
- Scoop the flesh out of the baked potatoes and place in a large bowl; discard the skins. Add 4 tablespoons butter and season with salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until butter has melted and potatoes are smooth. Spread the mashed potatoes evenly over the top of the fish.
- Bake until sauce is bubbling and potato topping is golden brown, about 55 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you substitute frozen shrimp for fresh shrimp, thaw them before cooking.
Per Serving: 529 calories; 31.2 31.7 30.7 172 401 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1