Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 449
- Combine soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl and marinate flank steak for 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove flank steak from marinade and grill until slightly crusty on the outside but only medium warm on the inside, about 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Remove, cover, and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat and cook green onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Add red wine and increase heat. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until all the alcohol has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice steak as thinly as possible and arrange on a platter. Add any juices from the steak to the sauce and drizzle sauce over steak, reserving some of the sauce to serve at the table.
- Cook's Notes:
- Merlot or Cabernet works well for the sauce.
- It's ok if the sauce reduces somewhat while simmering. Add more wine (or butter) to increase the volume if necessary - remembering to simmer long enough to cook off any additional alcohol.
Per Serving: 449 calories; 29.9 6 22.8 98 2051 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The flavor was very good and the recipe was easy to follow. In the future I would greatly increase the marinating time. I think this recipe would work well for most steaks.
Quite delicious! And easy to make. I did marinate the meat for 8 hours and am glad I did. I'm new to grilling and used my propane grill with some hickory chips hoping for a smoky flavor. Th...