Portobello Mushroom Gratin
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 431
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add leeks and celery root and cook for 10 minutes. Add mushroom pieces, 1/2 of the tarragon, and 1/2 of the chives; continue cooking until mushrooms give off liquid, about 6 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, combine bread crumbs and Gruyere cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Add flour to the frying pan with the mushroom mixture. Add cream in a stream and stir until it becomes an even color, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 of the bread crumb mixture and stir until cheese starts to melt, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat. Transfer mixture to a baking dish and top with remaining tarragon, chives, and bread crumb mixture. Add a small amount of water to moisten the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Use a spatula to scoop portions and serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use chicken broth in place of water, if preferred.
Per Serving: 431 calories; 26.1 42.9 16.3 81 367 Full nutrition