Chai Latte Cupcakes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 404
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cupcakes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Warm 3/4 cup milk in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly to make sure it does not burn, until piping hot but not boiling. Add chai tea bags; set aside and steep for 10 minutes.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a medium bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Beat eggs in 1 at a time. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup chai mixture until batter is smooth. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cupcakes cool to room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Blend together butter and 2 cups confectioners' sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. Add remaining chai mixture and gradually add remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar while continuously mixing. Blend until frosting is smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Place frosting into a piping bag, snip off tip of bag with scissors, and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 404 calories; 16.7 61.7 3.4 73 199 Full nutrition