Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 25 m servings 325
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place beans in a large bowl or pot and cover with fresh water. Allow to soak 8 hours to overnight.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy soup pot. Cook celery and onion until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Drain beans and add to the pot with the onion mixture. Cover with 2 inches of cold water and add tomatoes, parsley, dill, oregano, and basil. Bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat and cook until beans are soft, checking every 15 to 20 minutes and adding water as necessary, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil to the soup and season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use dried pink beans in place of pinto beans and honey instead of sugar.
- You can use pureed tomatoes in place of chopped.
Per Serving: 325 calories; 16.9 33.3 10.7 0 92 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1