Ingredients20 m servings 48
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Trim ends from zucchini and cut each squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out centers of squash and place in a mixing bowl. Add onion, olives, feta cheese, garlic, pine nuts, 1/2 the Asiago cheese, basil, and oregano and mix well. Place mixture back into zucchini shells. Top each with a small amount of Asiago cheese and place zucchini boats on a baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until cheese browns, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Feel free to use other squash of your choice.
- You can use Romano, Parmesan, or other hard Italian cheese in place of the Asiago.
- You can also bake these, around 15 min at 350, but they aren't as firm.
Per Serving: 48 calories; 2.8 4.1 3 5 125 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This recipe definitely has potential, with a few changes. As written, the zucchini is bland and very watery. I would suggest the following: 1) "sweat" the zucchini flesh in a fine mesh strainer ...
I made these with mozzarella cheese instead of Asiago and cooked them for 20 minutes. The boats were still a little firmer than al dente, but still good. I might cook them for a few minutes be...
I made it as per the recipe but didn't have any pine nuts so I sprinkled some almond powder in the mixture. It was still very good.