Blueberry, Goat Cheese, and Basil Pie
Ingredients4 h 50 m servings 460
- Pour flour, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add cold butter cubes and pulse a few more times. Keep the processor running; add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface and pat together into 2 flat rounds. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Place a foil-lined baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Lightly beat 1 egg and heavy cream together in a small bowl. Mix brown sugar, cornstarch, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a large bowl. Add blueberries, goat cheese, and basil, along with the heavy cream mixture, and toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- Roll out one of the dough rounds into a 12-inch circle and place in a deep-dish pie plate. Spoon the blueberry filling over the crust. Chill until it's time to arrange the lattice top.
- Roll out the second dough half and cut into eight 1-inch-thick strips. Arrange on top of the blueberry pie in a lattice pattern and crimp together with the bottom crust. Whisk the second egg together with a splash of water and brush over the top of the crust. Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake the pie on the preheated foil-lined baking sheet for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Lightly cover the top with foil to prevent browning and bake until golden brown on top and bubbling in the center, 30 to 40 minutes more.
- Remove pie from the baking sheet and cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Per Serving: 460 calories; 24.3 55.6 7 100 351 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great texture, with a really fun flavor. The way the brown sugar, blueberries, and basil combine is pretty amazing. They all complement each other nicely. For those curious about the basil, I fo...
This is really delicious. I didn't buy heavy cream for it, but used half & half as I had it in the house. I also used lemon goat cheese as honey goat cheese was not available to me. For the crus...