Big Orange Tea Grilled Chicken
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients7 h 10 m servings 585
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Wash orange, pat dry, and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a pot, heat the water to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Add tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out the tea bags using tongs or a spoon against the side of the pot. Discard bags.
- Stir sugar, orange slices, and kosher salt into the tea. Remove from the heat. Stir until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Next, add the ice.
- Pour into a large bowl or casserole dish. Refrigerate to cool the brine, at least 30 minutes.
- When the brine is cool, add the chicken and marinade for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Prepare one part of the grill with low heat (fewer coals) for indirect grilling.
- Over medium-high heat in a small pot, mix together marmalade, cider vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Heat until it starts to simmer then remove.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill and grill chicken on both sides until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 6 to 8 minutes per side. Brush on glaze, flip, then brush the glaze on the other side.
- Serve chicken with leftover glaze for dipping.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of brine and glaze ingredients. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 585 calories; 2.8 117.9 24.4 65 12122 Full nutrition