Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 295
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 loaf)
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, basil, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and rosemary in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, water, and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat in a microwave until butter melts, about 30 seconds. Pour over the flour mixture; beat until dough is just moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining 3 cups flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface such as a large cutting board or countertop. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into thirds. Shape each piece into a 15-inch rope. Transfer ropes to a greased baking sheet. Braid together. Pinch ends to seal; tuck under the braid. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Brush top of the braid with olive oil and sprinkle with basil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet, or remove to a wire rack.
You might also like
Per Serving: 295 calories; 7.5 48.7 7.7 32 399 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Fantastic bread, added parmesan cheese and butter 10 minutes before it was done. It was delicious