Spinach-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 245
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 potato halves)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Prick potatoes several times with a fork. Rub potatoes with olive oil to coat; sprinkle with sea salt. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, 50 to 60 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and mushrooms; cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and basil; cook until spinach begins to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Drain any cooking liquid from the skillet. Add turkey bacon; mix to combine.
- Remove potatoes from the oven. Keep oven on. Allow potatoes to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out some of the cooked potato, reserving it for another use.
- Place potato halves back onto the aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Cover each potato half with a slice of cheese and top with the spinach mixture.
- Bake until the potatoes and filling are hot, and the cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Other vegetables such as zucchini or garlic, can be used, as well as other spices. Use what you like the best.
- You can also sprinkle cheese on top of the potatoes after stuffing with the spinach mixture, before baking.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of potato. The actual amount of potato consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 245 calories; 10.6 23.7 14.3 33 423 Full nutrition