Breakfast Baked Potato
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 663
Original recipe yields 2 servings (1 potato)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Rub potato with vegetable oil and salt. Prick several times with a fork and wrap in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squeezable yet firm, about 50 minutes.
- While potato is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Set sausage aside in a bowl.
- Place bacon in the large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Let cool slightly; crumble.
- Remove potato from the oven. Slice in the center to create a pocket; add 2 tablespoons butter, salt, and pepper to the potato. Stuff potato with crumbled sausage and bacon.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet and scramble to desired doneness, about 5 minutes.
- Place scrambled eggs on top of meat in potato. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top of warm eggs.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Options are endless with this recipe. Just about any meat you eat for breakfast can be used. You can top it off with a sunny-side-up egg. Salsa is a fantastic addition!
- You can use any cheese you'd like.
Per Serving: 663 calories; 50.1 33.5 21.2 270 1039 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1