Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 810
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 bowl)
- Mold grated potato into a patty shape. Season with salt.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook potato patty until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat another skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Set sausage aside on a plate, reserving grease in the skillet.
- Heat reserved sausage grease over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and saute until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the same skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk egg in a bowl and pour into the skillet; cook and stir until set, about 5 minutes.
- Pour gravy mix into a small saucepan. Whisk in water. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until gravy comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat; gravy will thicken upon standing.
- Place cooked hash brown potato patty in the bottom of a serving bowl. Top with egg, sausage, onion and pepper mixture, and gravy, in that order.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any cheese you'd like.
- You can use 2 to 3 strips of bacon cut in half instead of sausage. You can also make patties out of the sausage instead of crumbling, if desired.
- You can use a sausage gravy mix instead of white gravy, if desired.
Per Serving: 810 calories; 38.7 87.1 29.4 241 2682 Full nutrition