Bell Pepper Gratin with Fennel and Portobello Mushrooms
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 322
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Place halved bell peppers cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook portobello mushrooms and fennel until fennel is golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Add garlic during the last minute of cooking.
- Remove roasted bell peppers from oven and increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Chop bell peppers into pieces and add to the mushroom mixture in the skillet. Mix flour into the skillet. Pour in cream in a steady stream and stir until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in 1/2 of the Gruyere cheese. Remove from heat and stir until cheese has melted.
- Add 1/2 of the vegetable saute mixture to a baking dish. Sprinkle with a couple of tablespoons Gruyere cheese and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add the remainder of the vegetable mixture and add chicken broth to prevent the gratin from creating air bubbles. Top with remaining Gruyere cheese, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Garnish with fennel fronds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until gratin is bubbly and golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Editorial Note:
- For a vegetarian version replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock.
Per Serving: 322 calories; 27.2 11.2 10.4 88 279 Full nutrition