Baked Chicken Breasts in Cinnamon-Tomato Sauce
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 347
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix together cinnamon, salt, black pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl. Pat the seasoning onto all sides of chicken. Reserve extra seasoning for sauce.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat until oil begins to slightly shimmer. Place chicken breasts in skillet and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes. Remove chicken breasts from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and mushrooms to skillet. Cook until onions become slightly translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in wine and scrape browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Allow wine to reduce slightly, about 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste, chicken broth, and reserved seasoning. Cover skillet with aluminum foil or an oven-safe lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake until sauce is bubbling and chicken is no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 347 calories; 12.6 22.6 31 67 1038 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
When I saw this recipe, it caught me in a mood where I wanted to try something new. I had most of the ingredients already, so picked up some boneless, skinless chicken breast on sale, and start...
I made exactly as directed with exception of using olive oil vs vegetable oil, paired with garlic mashers, and it was just OK. Absolutely no WOW factor from anyone, and, as tomato paste is a th...
Made this for my daughter and son-in-law and we all loved it. Had it over brown rice, but next time I will try it over polenta!