Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 113
Original recipe yields 40 servings (40 small flatbreads)
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand in a warm place until frothy, about 10 minutes. Stir in flour. Cover sponge with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Place flour in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Pour in sponge. Add 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons lukewarm water, olive oil, and salt. Gradually work in the flour to make a soft and sticky dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 15 minutes. Grease a large bowl with butter and add dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Divide dough into quarters. Cut each quarter into 10 pieces; shape each piece into a ball. Cover balls of dough and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape each ball of dough into a circle by flattening dough and stretching it. Arrange 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed up and golden, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 113 calories; 2.4 19.5 2.9 < 1 118 Full nutrition