Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients14 h 10 m servings 224
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place kidney beans in a large saucepan. Cover with water and soak for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Drain water from kidney beans. Pour in fresh water to cover by 1-inch; add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook beans over low heat for 2 hours. Remove from heat; drain excess water from pan until it just covers beans.
- Stir in tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, cornmeal, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, cumin, hot paprika, and ginger to beans. Mix well.
- Cook bean mixture over low heat for 2 hours. Stir to loosen any beans on the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook over low heat until bean mixture has reduced and thickened, about 2 hours more.
You might also like
Per Serving: 224 calories; 0.8 44.8 12.7 0 937 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1