Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 569
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 tarts)
- Cut thawed puff pastry into six 3- to 4-inch rounds using a cookie cutter. Roll edges of each pastry slightly to form 6 small tarts. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; stir in sweet onion. Cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking and stirring until onion is very tender and dark brown, about 40 minutes more. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and let simmer until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Divide cooked onions between the 6 tart shells and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle goat cheese evenly on top of each tart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle each with balsamic vinegar reduction.
- Return tarts to the oven and continue to bake until cheese is bubbly and tarts are golden brown, about 8 minutes more.
You might also like
Per Serving: 569 calories; 39.1 44.7 10.4 15 307 Full nutrition