Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 390
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch quiche)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Let cool 10 minutes. Crumble and set aside.
- Roll out pastry crust into a circle using a lightly floured rolling pin. Line a 9-inch pie pan with crust. Prick holes into the base of the dough using a fork.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven on the middle rack for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, heat butter in a pan over medium heat and stir in onion. Cook, stirring periodically, until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking and stirring until onion is very tender and golden brown and some butter has reduced, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Remove pastry crust from the oven. Brush crust with beaten egg. Return crust to the oven and bake 5 minutes more.
- Whisk 2 eggs together in a bowl using a fork. Add sour cream and cream cheese and beat using an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in salt and pepper.
- Spread caramelized onions with remaining butter onto pastry crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 the Cheddar cheese. Place crumbled bacon evenly over the top. Pour egg mixture over bacon. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake quiche in the preheated oven until golden and fluffy, about 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 390 calories; 32.5 13.7 11.3 123 506 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
5.17.19 I was hoping the stars of this quiche would be the caramelized onions and the bacon, but what you taste more than anything is the sour cream. Texture is a bit soft and different than ...