0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 20 m servings 280
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Mix together apricots, white sugar, and rum in a bowl. Cover and let macerate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a 12-inch square of parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Place flour, cold butter, dark brown sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and ginger into a food processor. Blend in short bursts until butter is in pea-sized lumps.
- Whisk together buttermilk and egg in a bowl; pour into butter-flour mixture and continue to blend until it forms a soft dough. Form dough into a smooth ball, using additional flour as needed.
- Pat dough ball into a thick circle onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Drain apricots, reserving juice in a bowl. Spread apricots evenly on top of dough circle; draw edges of dough up over fruit.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crostata is baked through, golden on top, and fruit is soft, about 45 minutes.
- While crostata is baking, pour reserved apricot juice and orange juice into a saucepan. Bring mixture to a simmer; cook syrup until it has reduced by 2/3.
- Remove crostata from the oven. Brush syrup on top. Let cool slightly. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If apricots aren't appearing near you, almost any fruit would do.
- You can substitute brandy for rum, if desired.
Per Serving: 280 calories; 8.3 45.3 5.4 36 512 Full nutrition