Indian Potato-Stuffed Paratha
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 359
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Combine whole wheat flour and salt in a bowl. Add water; knead, adding additional water as needed, until dough is smooth. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a bowl. Add green chile peppers, red chile peppers, coriander leaves, garam masala, cumin, amchoor, asafoetida, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Form dough into small balls and flatten by pressing. Place a small amount of potato mixture evenly into each flattened dough ball, reserving any leftovers. Lift up edges of dough and seal completely by pressing. Sprinkle each with flour; use a rolling pin to flatten.
- Heat a nonstick tawa, or a large domed griddle, over low heat. Cook each paratha for 2 minutes and then split with a knife into 2 halves. Pour vegetable oil in on both sides and fry until light brown and crispy, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with reserved mashed potato mixture.
You might also like
Per Serving: 359 calories; 2.9 76.1 12.3 0 96 Full nutrition