Strawberry Rhubarb Curd
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 35
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Combine rhubarb, strawberries, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to boil, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pass mixture through a food mill, using the disc with the smallest holes. If you don't have a food mill, you can either puree the mixture with a food processor or immersion blender, or push it through a fine mesh strainer.
- Fill the bottom of a double-boiler with about 1 inch of water and bring water to a simmer. Combine the eggs, egg yolk, and sugar in the top of the double-boiler and whisk together. Place over the bottom of the double-boiler and continue whisking until the sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly whisk in the strawberry-rhubarb puree and continue whisking until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Add butter and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into a sterile jar, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If your curd got too hot and your eggs started to curdle, you can pass the mixture through a fine mesh strainer again, before pouring it into your storage container.
Per Serving: 35 calories; 2.1 3.3 1.1 38 18 Full nutrition