Baked Panko-Crusted Chicken Tenders
"Ditch the deep fryer for these low-fat crispy chicken tenders that are baked in the oven. Accompanied with the healthy yogurt-based roasted red pepper dipping sauce, this meal will fill you up without the guilt! You can also serve the tenders over some mixed greens, using the dipping sauce as a dressing."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 252
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine Greek yogurt, red peppers, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder in a mini food processor. Blend until smooth and refrigerate dipping sauce until ready to use.
- In a small bowl combine 1/4 teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle over chicken tenders and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Toast panko crumbs in a skillet over medium-high heat until a golden brown color, 4 to 5 minutes. Place panko into a shallow dish. Crack egg into a separate shallow dish. Dip chicken tenders first into egg, letting excess drip off, then coat with panko. Place tenders on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, turning over halfway through, 12 to 15 minutes total. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Serve with the dipping sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Panko doesn't brown well in the oven, hence the reason for toasting it first in a skillet, but feel free to skip this step.
Per Serving: 252 calories; 5.8 22.1 32.6 116 488 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The chicken was dry and not as flavorful as I thought it would be.