0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I had to experiment a lot to get this perfect, fluffy, and wholesome cornbread recipe, but I finally came up with one I like! Not only is it delicious, but it's gluten-free and uses Splenda® instead of sugar. If you'd like to use natural sugar instead, it will work just fine. A little bit of polenta gives it a really nice corn flavour on top of the cornmeal. The almond meal lowers the carb count, too! Enjoy! Cover with foil for the last 7 minutes of cooking time to avoid over-browning the top!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 208
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 9x13-inch pan)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Beat together sweetener, butter, water, and flaxseed meal using an electric mixer in a mixing bowl until creamy. Pour in milk and eggs; mix well. Add brown rice flour, almond meal, cornmeal, quinoa flour, polenta, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 22 to 27 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use margarine instead of butter, if desired.
Per Serving: 208 calories; 11.9 20.9 5.7 52 374 Full nutrition