Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 376
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 tacos)
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat eggs, milk, and taco seasoning together in a bowl using a whisk or a fork. Place panko bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Coat each piece of cod in egg batter, followed by bread crumbs.
- Place cod in hot oil and fry until golden brown and flaky, flipping halfway through if using a saucepan, 4 to 8 minutes, depending on size and fry method. Transfer to a platter covered with paper towels to drain. Keep warm.
- Warm tortillas in a microwave oven, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Divide fish evenly between tortillas. Top tacos evenly with sour cream; squeeze lime juice over each. Top each with cabbage, tomato, onion, bell pepper, and avocado, in that order. Squeeze additional lime juice over each taco and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I prefer to deep fry because it cooks more evenly. When pan frying, watch for burning and be careful of breakage.
- The basic fish recipe makes a great fish stick by changing the taco seasoning out for salt/pepper/garlic or other favorite herbs and spices. For simple fish sticks, slice width-wise for best results.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 376 calories; 21.4 34.1 17.6 73 224 Full nutrition