Kerala Tilapia (Indian Curried Fish)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 211
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 bowls)
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-low heat in a large, deep, non-stick pan. Add garlic, onion, jalapeno, and ginger; cook and stir until onions are softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in coriander, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, mustard seeds, and curry leaves to the mixture. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Pour in vinegar and salt; cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Pour coconut milk into the mixture. Bring to a simmer and heat until warm.
- Season tilapia with cumin and 1 pinch salt. Add tilapia to the simmering coconut milk mixture. Continue to let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in saffron; let simmer 3 to 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute lemon juice for vinegar, if desired.
Per Serving: 211 calories; 13 9.1 14 21 372 Full nutrition