Make-Ahead BLT Waffle Sandwiches
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 696
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 waffle sandwiches)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange bacon on a broiler pan and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove the bacon and reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees F.
- Preheat a waffle iron to high.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, kosher salt, and few grinds of black pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, 1/3 cup melted butter, and egg. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just to combine. Stir in the cheese and herbs.
- Brush the waffle iron with melted butter and spoon in about 1/2 of the batter. Close and cook until the waffle is browned and crisp. Transfer the waffle to a plate and keep warm in the oven. Make another waffle with the remaining batter. Quarter the two waffles, creating 8 smaller waffles.
- Mix Dijon mustard and maple syrup. Set aside.
- To make a sandwich: top a waffle with the bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Drizzle on some maple-mustard sauce. Add another waffle to top.
You might also like
- Make-ahead tip:
- To freeze the waffles, place on a waxed paper-lined sheet tray. Freeze for 2 hours or until frozen. Once frozen, place into a plastic storage bag. To reheat, place the waffles into a toaster or toaster oven on the lowest power and cook until crisp.
Per Serving: 696 calories; 41.1 57.8 26.1 163 1315 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1