Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 853
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Drizzle beets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap beets in aluminum foil and place in a large baking dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven until beets are easily pierced with a knife, 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on size.
- Remove beets from the oven and let cool slightly. Unwrap, reserving any juice that is in the aluminum foil. Peel beets under warm water, cut into cubes, and place in a bowl.
- Place egg, flour, and bread crumbs into 3 separate dishes. Season all 3 with salt and pepper.
- Toss each goat cheese medallion in egg to coat, move to flour and coat then toss in bread crumbs, coating both sides evenly. Transfer medallions to a plate and place in the refrigerator to firm up, about 5 minutes.
- Heat canola oil over medium heat in a frying pan until it sizzles. Place goat cheese medallions in hot oil and fry until golden, about 1 minute per side. Remove from oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Place a bed of mixed greens on a serving platter and top with beets and goat cheese medallions. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Drizzle with balsamic dressing and reserved beet juice.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use red wine vinegar salad dressing instead of balsamic.
Per Serving: 853 calories; 73.6 35.6 15.8 104 497 Full nutrition