Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 35 m servings 511
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring coconut milk, 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, water, butter, and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in rice. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until liquid has been absorbed and rice is fluffy, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for an additional 5 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Let cool in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, 2 tablespoons chicken broth, 1 1/2 tablespoons chili oil, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set sauce mixture aside.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Pour in eggs; scramble to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and remaining 1/2 tablespoon chili oil in the same non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Return scrambled eggs to the skillet and add cooked shrimp, peas, and green onions. Cook and stir over medium heat until peas are tender, about 3 minutes. Add cooked and cooled rice; cook and stir until rice is heated through, about 5 minutes. Pour in sauce mixture and toss to coat. Let sit, covered, on low heat to allow rice to absorb sauce flavor, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Many, many substitutions can be made depending on your preference for the sauce. Hoisin sauce or Szechwan sauce can easily be substituted for the stir-fry sauce.
Per Serving: 511 calories; 22.1 57.1 21.7 181 888 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1